WooCommerce sales hacks!
This term can drive every online store owner crazy because it will help owners to know how to increase their sales and revenue. Churning out advanced methods of increasing orders and customers is a tough task. As we all know, innovative methods are hard to come by.
Even if you find them, implementing them to gain a positive Return on Investment (ROI) is even harder.
As you must be knowing,
After the covid-19 pandemic, selling online isn’t easy in today’s era as the competition has leveled up.
And when there are lots of options available for a single product, you have to be unique to stand out from the competition.
Do you know how big the eCommerce market is nowadays?
In the year 2021, the global e-commerce market reached the value of US$ 13 Trillion. With this hike, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 55.6 Trillion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 27.4% during 2022-2027.
So, now you may have got a rough idea about the fierce competition among eCommerce stores.
Therefore, succeeding with an eCommerce store does not come with a stroke of luck over a single night.
Every online store has to face the ugly truth that despite excellent products and well-featured online sites and even after spending a considerable amount of time and money to drive traffic, there is no assurance or guarantee of satisfying results and bumper sales.
Therefore, along with attracting traffic to your store, you should focus on selling products. WooCommerce is a huge platform to showcase your products and services for a better conversion rate.
So let’s discuss the role of WooCommerce in setting up your store:
Why Opting For WooCommerce In Order To Set Up Your Online Store Is A Smart Option?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce platform that means no coding is required to make changes in the online store, i.e. (code is easily available for everyone). Hence, one can easily view and modify their eCommerce store according to their need. It focuses on helping to create your online store as easily as possible and with minimum cost.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin that is used by a majority of online websites.
Here are the stats by Builtwith, you can see over 5,106,506 live websites are using WooCommerce.
After discussing why to choose WooCommerce, let’s move forward on “How WooCommerce would assist you in your store based Sales”
How WooCommerce will help you in Sales?
Let me tell you that sales are important because it gives you a positive Return On Investment(ROI).
Suppose you have spent thousands of dollars on setting up an online store including advertising, spending, etc. but get nothing in return.
So, you should be very attentive while implementing WooCommerce sales hacks in your store.
Remember there are various other options available for your customers to shop from, therefore you have to be at the top of your marketing and sales game to attract audiences.
However, you will be very amazed to know that:
By the quarter year of 2022, the number of digital buyers is expected to increase by over 2.14 billion. That makes up 26.28% of the 7.8 billion people in the world.
Not only these stats will help you in growing your business but there are several WooCommerce Sales Hacks you can switch to:
Top 10 WooCommerce Sales Hacks For Your Online Store In 2022
Let’s dive in.
1) Attractive Discount And Coupons
Offering attractive discounts may be an old tactic but it is an evergreen method to boost eCommerce sales volume.
Everyone waits for the season clearance sale to finally purchase the products that they love because these products were not affordable during the regular season.
Price cuts are the smartest technique for both online shoppers and owners to purchase and sell their willing items. So, it offers you the opportunity to buy more for less money and also allows online stores to clear their stocks and sell huge while keeping the flow of money and their businesses in mind.
You can offer discounts for a specific category, product, and service.
However, you might have seen various online stores offering discounts on products like mobiles or other electronic devices.
Offering a discount to your customers is a win-win strategy to gain more customers and revenue.
Hence, we have discussed various discount tactics that will boost sales and conversion of your online store:
- Percentage discount
- Price discount
- Product discount
- Bulk discount
- Bundle discount
As a result, discounts help you infatuate new customers, reduce cart abandonment, and make you stand out above your competitors with just a few simple discount messages.
Therefore, use discounts very smartly that will benefit customers and store owners both. Like,
- Offer them a buy one get one offer.
- Buy one, get a discount on the second one.
- n% off on your highest purchase items
- Wheel of savings
- Free gift and giveaways(free tour)
Like you may offer discounts on any particular category on Christmas eve. For example, see the image from Amazon.
Also, you can see another example of a clearance sale from Amazon.
An enticing message isn’t it?.
And you know what?
Besides conversion and boosting sales, offering discounts is a great way of promoting your online store. Also, it creates exclusivity in the customer’s mind for your brand.
“These are special codes for customers that you can use to cut the price or for exclusive deals”
But today, the world of eCommerce has transformed this likeness for gifts into completely different and profitable business sale eCommerce hacks.
Today every eCommerce site uses a discount coupon strategy to nurture sales and revenue.
You can consider the example of DoorDash; they always offer attractive discount coupons to attract their customers.
Here are various discount plugins you can use to enhance your WooCommerce store.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Offering discounts to particular customer segments with the help of customers’ recent purchase history can create a personalized brand experience and signals that truly indicate your marketing strategy, impression, and your concern for your customers.
- Poke new visitors with special discounts; this will create a sense of trust for your brand.
- Always with the things they like to make them feel special.
- Add discounts on email lead forms; this will give you a list of emails of your visitors that you can use later to nurture them
2) Implement Loyalty Programs
“A loyalty program is a kind of reward program for loyal customers who frequently make purchases from a particular store and are rewarded for it”
This is another way to make your relationship stronger and longer with your customers. To make long-term business relationships, start customer loyalty programs.
It takes a lot of effort to bring in a new customer but it’s even harder to retain a loyal one. Hence, it is very important to focus on your existing customers. You can run a loyalty program to earn the trust of your customers; to make them purchase more and repeatedly to earn reward points.
By implementing this, you will earn loyal customers and they will make repeat purchases because you offer them rewards points to redeem later.
According to a case study, Starbucks has reported the following:
Increased revenue of $2.65 billion, attributing their rewards program for most of the increase. Over the last two years, membership has grown more than 25%. Loyal customers use Starbucks’ membership program (16 million members) for about 40% of sales at the company’s US stores. Revenue rose 4.6% to $6.31 billion during the quarter from the previous year.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Offer sign-up or log-in points for a new website account. This will easily acquire new customers because everyone wants lucrative awards, therefore if you reward them for signing up, they will surely sign up on your online store.
- Offer referral points. Referral marketing is an easy way to spread the word about your business and product. So, you can make strategies on how your customers can earn points from reward points on WooCommerce and also plan amazing customer surprises for attaining certain referral landmarks.
- Offer subscription points. You can offer reward points for subscription forms like emails, newsletters, blogs, or viewers of video-streaming websites like YouTube, NetFlix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Feedback points. You can offer feedback points, this will push your customers to fill feedback forms that will create brand trust.
3) Make Use Of Urgency Marketing
As the word suggests, “Urgency” means urgent or we can say the quality of being very important and needing attention immediately.
Urgency marketing is the strategy to show your customers that there is a scarcity of products, grab their immediate attention, and compel them to make a purchase.
You must have experienced that when something is scarce, they are often perceived as more valuable.
Hence, I am sure you must have come across these phrases at least once while shopping online.
- Order before it’s too late
- Few minutes left to end the season sale
- Final call
- Hurry! Only a few pieces left
- Prices go up in 4hrs 27mins 6 secs
- I bet, pretty frequently.
These phrases are used by all eCommerce marketers as a sales hack since time immemorial.
Do you know why?
Because it works like magic. How?
It triggers the mind of your visitors and invokes a sense of urgency that makes them sit upright, therefore they notice what you are offering. Consequently, they make quick purchase decisions.
According to Loss aversion, urgency is a prominent psychological technique that compels people to take action right away. It is deeply ingrained in our brain and relates to FOMO (fear of missing out).
Scientifically speaking, urgency is a time-based concept that prompts us to act quickly.
Like you must have seen the countdown at the end of the seasonal sale; showing the count like 2hrs:4mins:6sec left, hurry up for order.
a) Show Scarcity To Trigger The Minds Of Customers
This is a simple yet most powerful method in terms of urgency marketing.
You might have observed that people always want items which are available in low quantities.
This is in direct relation with the “Law Of Demand” which says;
When demand is high, supply is low.
Hence, the same applies to the eCommerce market.
You just have to show the low stock availability, and it will create a sense of FOMO in your customer’s minds.
And you know what?
It is an open secret that most eCommerce businesses use these WooCommerce sales hacks just to take advantage of urgency.
For instance, see scarcity marketing:
b) Run Flash Sales
Running attractive discounts is profitable but when you spice it with limited time, people get even more interested.
Flash sales are not very popular, but still, an effective WooCommerce sales hack to get more customers to your online stores.
Flash sale basically means it flashes directly in the eyes of customers forcing them to avail of the offer. You can run flash sales on your website’s home page.
To run flash sales, focus both on urgency and scarcity. For example, urgency will show the time limit and scarcity will reflect the low availability.
Here, you can see the example from the Loft.
c) Countdown Timer
A countdown timer is a great way to attain the immediate attention of your customers.
It is an excellent WooCommerce sales hack that triggers the mind of the customer to purchase a particular product within a given time frame.
Note: There is a minor difference between leveraging the countdown timer properly and overdoing it. If you will always use a timer to trigger customers, they will realize they are being played and the trust will face a major jolt.
For example, see an image of the countdown timer effect:
d) Limited Time Offers
Every business wants profit, they just follow every tactic to take their business to the next level.
The limited-time offer is another best WooCommerce sales hack falling under urgency marketing to push your customers to spend more.
For example, see the image from Amazon.
They have used two headings here:
- Exclusively for Prime members: This creates a sense of exclusivity as it indicates only Prime members can take advantage of it. A whole lot of people may turn towards subscribing to Prime membership after seeing this.
- Try Prime Free: A free trial gives you the trust to get involved with the subscription membership.
e) Holiday Sales
It is the best method to increase sales volume. Festive and holiday seasons are best to nurture new and loyal customers.
Run a holiday sale with a special discount and see the magic. Christmas and New Year’s season-end sales are two apt occasions for such promotions.
Check out the Christmas sale from Faces Canada.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement:
- Create and design the messages you want to use to trigger your customer’s mind
- Use the right language, common urgency words like
- Time-limited time, last time, deadline, seconds, minutes, etc.
- Speed– rush, hurry up, don’t delay, etc.
- Scarcity– last chance, never again, few left, etc.
- FOMO– price going up, offer to expire, final call, sale ends soon, etc.
- Make powerful CTAs that will compel the audience to avail of the offer. You can use these types of words in CTAs.
- Book Now
- Buy Now
- Click For Free Shipping
- Click To Avail This Offer
- Make it personalized, always see the recent purchase history of customers and offer them what they want.
- Use big numbers
- Set the context carefully
- Focus on the fastest delivery, you can trigger your customer’s mind by offering them instant delivery.
- Make it exclusive
- Set the deadline
4) Use Upsell and Cross-Sell
Upsell means to convince your visitors to upgrade their current product with a more expensive product or make add-ons on their selected product.
You can see the example of upselling from Amazon.
Cross-sell means to offer complementary products to your customers related to their current purchase.
You can see the image below for identifying cross-selling in action:
They are a couple of the best WooCommerce sales hacks to increase revenue if used correctly. You just need to be choosy while offering upgraded versions of products. It should be relevant to your customer purchasing.
There are a number of ways to implement upselling and cross-selling to your online stores. Here are some:
a) Product Bundling
You can offer several products at one time. It is the best cross-sell method, you have to put related items of a similar product together and offer them to your customer.
If your customer is buying a mobile phone, you can offer them a template, headphones, and other related accessories.
This could be very fruitful for you if applied smartly.
What can you do?
You can create a bundle of some products together, then offer them at a discounted price. Now watch your sales.
If you want to bundle a select group of best products and are using WooCommerce, you may use the Product Bundle. It is a very flexible plugin that is being used by thousands of successful stores.
It’s grouping, pricing, shipping, and inventory management features have been designed and refined over the years to make it perform excellent across a broad range.
Also to grab the maximum revenue, promote your product on social media and other channels.
Soon, you will see the sale soaring as you have already assisted your customer to choose top-notch products from your WooCommerce store.
Almost all the eCommerce stores use these WooCommerce sales hacks to boost revenue.
You can see the example of a product bundle from McDonald’s Happy Meal.
b) Most Recommended Items(You May Also Like)
While navigating through any product pages on an eCommerce site, you must have come across this section where they use these types of phrases like recommended items or you may also like, related to your currently selected product, etc.
This is a tactic of upselling. They will give you the upgraded version of your current purchase in the recommended section.
You can see the example from Gucci where they have given the upgraded version of their item by using the phrase, You May Also Like.
c) Offering Addons
This is the simplest method that you must have come across so far. You just need to add some addons that are relatable to your customer’s selected items while checking out and seeing the result.
These add ons could be anything.
I am sharing my own experience where I ordered a cake from Ferns and Petals as a birthday present. While checking out, they offered me addons like a flower bouquet, cards, balloons, birthday caps, and other decoration items that one can gift on a birthday.
I think this is the best way to grab your customers’ attention and compel them to purchase more at the cost of small hindrances during the checkout time.
See the image below from Ferns and Petals.
5) Offer Personalized Experience To Your Customers
“Personalization is basically the idea of offering or delivering the services or products that meet your customer needs by analyzing the customer purchase history.”
See these stats to know how personalization affects your brand name:
- 80% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company that recognizes, remembers, and provides the relevant offers and recommendations.
- 6% of customers expect brands to understand their individual needs.
- 70% of consumers say that how well a company understands its individual needs impacts their loyalty.
- 72% of customers will only engage with personalized messaging
- 88% of marketers say their biggest goal with personalization is to improve the customer experience.
After going through the above stats, you must be aware of the importance of a personalized brand experience.
“Especially for you”
It is the favorite phrase that every customer loves to hear, whether we visit an online store, for a coffee date, or anything else.
We all have that craving for “attention” and we feel pleasure when someone acknowledges it.
The same goes for your customers.
When you give your customers something useful, even before they ask for it, it makes them feel a new level of customer experience.
You will be surprised to know that 74% of customers get frustrated and bounce off if the site content appears to be of no use or uninteresting.
Let’s talk about other benefits of giving a personalized user experience. It increases:
- Conversion rate
- Visitor engagement
- Customer experience
- Lead generation
- Improve brand perception
- Customer life in a store
- eCommerce revenue
- Increase retention
So, always try to give your customers a personalized experience.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Welcome customers with personalized messages
- You can show how many people have brought their product, their reviews, and show them in the “most popular category”
- Use the first name of the customers to give them a personalized shopping experience and make them feel that the offer is for them only.
- Don’t confuse between personalization with customization
- You can add a personalized form to your homepage
- You can show relevant personalized products on the basis of their last visits, impression, session history
- Map your buyer’s journey
- Use user-generated content to shorten sales cycles by providing cross-selling and upselling product
- Exclude contacts that are no longer used
- Set the criteria for your visitors according to the number of visits
“Exit-intent pop-ups are defined as the pop-ups that appear at the time when customers are about to leave your site”
This is the simplest yet smartest WooCommerce sales hacks to boost eCommerce store growth and to retain the customers that are going to evacuate from your store.
See the image below of exit-intent popups.
But, you must be pondering.
What technique can you implement to stop them?
So, let me tell you that you can stop them by just offering a few discounts or free shipping, free ebooks to download, asking visitors for a survey, presenting items on their checkout cart, etc.
You can use exit intent pop-ups at the time of your checkout page to reduce the rate of cart abandonment.
Like if the visitors are about to leave your site having some cart items left with them, a pop-up will appear reminding them about those items.
Benefits of exit intent pop-ups:
- It will grow the email list that will help you in nurturing your customers and lead management
- Improve conversion rate
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Use creative phrases like “Before you go”, “Wait”, “Don’t leave yet”, “You left something”. etc.
- Include bold CTAs
- Focus on the simple and effective design of pop-ups
- Add the value that your competitors are not able to give to the customers
- Easy close button
- Include free gifts
- Always analyze if it is working
But how will you find out if it’s working or not?
- Firstly, use a heatmap to analyze site
- Secondly, determine the best discounts
- Thirdly, use the right WooCommerce marketing tools
- Lastly, Optimize popups
7) Offer Quick Support
Other important WooCommerce sales hack to be implemented on your online store to boost the sales volume is quick to support.
Good customer experience, excellent product, customized user experience all are excellent ways to grab the customer’s attention.
But, good customer service will make it perfect.
You should offer excellent customer service that is quick support from the store end if some user finds it difficult to navigate or purchase through your online site.
“Offering quick support simply means helping your customers if they find difficulty in any of the steps during purchase”
You must have seen live chat options in a majority of WooCommerce stores to help customers. They run 24*7 quick support services to help customers.
Here you can see quick support options from WP Swings.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Use a chatbox on every page so that if a user faces any difficulty in any step, they can enquire straightaway.
- Embed some predefined questions earlier as given in the image above( pre-sale query, already purchased, etc.)
- Appreciate your customers for choosing you
- Besides chatting give the option of calling
- Generate tickets
8) Easy Return And Exchange Offer
“Return and exchange is the process in which customers return or exchange the purchased merchandise back to the store.”
Customers nowadays look at every aspect before purchasing any product. They see if the store provides a return/refund policy before they buy from the store.
See the stats below to know the main reasons why customers shop online and how much free return and exchange matter.
Return and exchange are the second reason why customers shop online.
But why do they want to return and exchange products?
There are a number of reasons your customers want to return the merchandise they purchased. It could be anything like maybe their product had arrived damaged, they ordered the wrong size, or maybe the product did not meet their expectations. Hence, they ask for a return or exchange.
You must be wondering.
The return could be costly for your eCommerce business?
But let me make it clear, return rates totally depend upon the type of product you sell and your customers. Hence, if you have loyal customers that frequently buy from your store, I am very sure your return rate will be below.
So, what do you have to do?
Just focus on gaining the trust of your customers. As a result, your customer will be compelled to buy from your store. Above all, provide them with easy return and exchange offers that will enhance your customer experience and satisfaction.
Some Suggestions You Can Implement
- Your return and refund offers are easy to find. Add a clear CTA for it.
- Make some deadline in your return and exchange policy
- Make return labels easy to print
- Try to re-engage with your customer
- Provide partial cancellation option
- Give them an honest description of the product to avoid returns
Also, We at WP Swings provide the best RMA solution for WooCommerce stores. Return refund and exchange for WooCommerce, the best plugin that lets you make a simple refund and exchange management system stuffed with an organized exchange, wallet, and cancel features for your WooCommerce store.
Go Pro with Ultimate Marketing Tool for WooCommerce of WP Swings!
9) Send Email To Regain Abandoned Cart Visitors
“When customers add some items to the cart but do not make a purchase it is called an abandoned cart.”
This WooCommerce sales hack is the easiest way to gain customers and boost WooCommerce revenue.
Send email notifications to the customers who do not make purchases even after adding the items to the cart. Reach them anyway and make them remember they left their purchase.
However, you can also offer exciting discount coupons that will attract your customer to make a purchase.
See the above image from the Lifestyle store; they have sent a friendly email notification of the abandoned cart.
However, you can also use PushEngage (web push notification) plugin to notify your customers about the left items on the cart. It not only allows you to send push notifications but also allows you to customize the message.
10) Provide Multiple Payment Gateways
This is a serious issue that every eCommerce website is facing nowadays of providing very few payment methods. Hence, many customers do not make purchases because they do not find their desired payment methods.
By providing multiple payment gateways, you are removing the obstacle that your customers face while closing a purchase.
By providing multiple gateways, eCommerce store owners can route transaction gateways that are best for that particular region. As a result, your customers have a great experience.
Various other benefits of having multiple payment gateways.
- It supports business flexibility
- Increase customers’ account flexibility.
- Your customer will feel safe if they use their desired payment gateway.
WooCommerce is an excellent platform to set up eCommerce stores. Hence, after going through the whole article, you must be aware of the listed WooCommerce sales hacks. Therefore, by implementing them in your online store, you can see a huge increase in your sales and revenue.
If you have an online store, it is your responsibility to be updated about the current WooCommerce marketing tips. Developing efficient WooCommerce marketing hacks for your online store requires knowledge about your customer’s statistics and behavior
Moreover, I hope this article will help you in attaining your business and customers’ goals and you will surely find the answer to the strategy you are looking to implement in your WooCommerce store.