Building a brand is a desire of every business. There are many ways through which a brand can build its reputation like Pay-Per-Click and Search Engine Optimization. But the most impressive of all these methods is social media marketing and it would be wrong to neglect the power of social media in enabling brand recognition.
In fact, social media is the only platform that brings, long-lasting results in minimum time!
Social media is one of the most powerful tools to create brand awareness, engagement, and traffic which ultimately brings conversions for the business.
By building a social network, you can stack up customer trust and loyalty for your business.
In social media with every tweet, retweet, like, share, and comment you increase your brand outreach and make it stronger than your competitors. From this, it’s clear that the role of social media is not limited to any place, area, or location.
So, if you are planning to create a social media branding strategy or want to know what new you can add to your social media strategy go through this blog post. Even better, you will discover new methods for your business in the end.
23 Ways For Building a Brand Through Social Media Platforms
Fully Update Your Social Media Profile
Starting off the branding through social media with the basic step, completely update your brand’s social media profiles. Mention accurate information about your brand on every social media platform.
Get rid of any extra or inactive social media accounts that you aren’t using anymore. Cleverly and briefly fill in every detail you want visitors to know. Additionally, remove any questionable or controversial content you might have ever posted.
Set S.M.A.R.T Goals
If you, too, are on social media because every other brand is, you are not doing it right, my friend.
Be not like dumb, driven cattle! Be a hero in the strife! – Sir Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The SMART goals concept is not unknown. But what people ignore is its implementation in their strategies for social media branding.
What outcomes are you expecting from your social media campaigns? Instead of aimlessly working hard, try to set sensible goals for your business. How?
- Specific: Decide on a single specific goal and focus on achieving it. For instance, “ Improve impressions and engagement on a social media platform.”
- Measurable: The specific goal that you set in the above example should be measurable. Metric is the key. That is to say, “Increase 1000 new followers with 5000 impressions on Instagram.”
- Achievable: Goals require you to stretch your boundaries of work and endeavor. So who knows it better than you whether you can achieve it or not with the required efforts. So, don’t overstretch.
- Relevant: Relevance of a goal is essential. You should know how your plan will impact your business objective.
For example, if you are working to increase Facebook likes by 1k, make sure you know how it will help you achieve your business end goal. That is to say, measure what matters.
- Timely: Accountability comes in with deadlines. You cannot keep working on one goal for an infinite period. Setting a deadline to achieve, compare, and measure your achievement rate encourages you to set the bar a level higher for next time.
It could be a month, a week, or a year. For example, “ Increase 1000 new followers with additional 5000 impressions on Instagram in two months.”
What Goals Can You Set for Your Social Media Marketing Campaign?
What are the goals of social media marketing? I’m sure you can set goals for your social media marketing campaign. Additionally, here are a few goals you can set for your next campaign:
- Increase sign-ups
- Increase brand engagement
- Build a business community
- Boost brand awareness
- Create new leads
- Functional social customer service
- Direct traffic to your website
Identify And Connect With Your Target Audience
After outlining your goals, outline your target audience. Remember, everyone cannot be your audience. Identify your target audience, followed by segmenting them. It will help you to:
- Understand on which social media platform you should be more active
- Decide the type of content you should post
- Identify your brand’s voice and high-quality leads
- Deliver better customer satisfaction and customer retention
- Effective spending and marketing
Above all, you will better identify your audience’s expectations and present more valuable information to them. For example, Netflix, a top-rated subscription service, uses its Twitter account, Netflix CS, to solve customer issues.
Take time to research and find your target audience for social media brand building. As marketers, you cannot assume anything without research and statistics. Everything you require is already available. It would be best if you found the right social media platforms to look at and observe. Different audiences are attracted to various platforms.
What Do You Need To Find Out?
- Which social media platform appeals most to your audience?
- Who are your typical clients?
- What are their ages?
- Are they men or women?
- What is their income and level of education?
- What else do they care about besides your product and service?
Ask yourself questions that apply to your business type or industry, and then create social media profiles accordingly. Unless you decide who your target audience is, you won’t be able to determine what to post, who to market with, and so on.
How To Do Social Media Marketing For Your WooCommerce Store
Reaching the right audience at the right time matters a lot. Through social media platforms, you have the ability to reach your target audience at the perfect time.
If we talk about social media there are more than five platforms. If you are planning to invest in all, then let me tell you that it might be one of the biggest mistakes you can make in your social media brand strategy. Especially, if it is not managed appropriately.
Each social media channel has its own benefits. All you need to do is, to decide which platform can be proven more effective in bringing engagement for the type of business you hold.
So, How To Decide Which Social Platform Is Right And Which Is Not?
Bi-weekly generate a report to track the performance of your social media brand strategy. The social media report will help you in uncovering the hidden facts of your strategy.
With this report, you can easily identify which platform is bringing audience engagement for the type of business you hold. After proper analyses concentrate only on those platforms that are ideal for your business type and ensure user engagement.
Use Your Brand Logo & Name
The logo of your brand works as an identity for your company. It prints a long-lasting image on your audience’s mind. Additionally, by keeping your logo clear and visible, your users can easily distinguish between your company’s post and the post of other marketers. Therefore, whenever you post anything on social media don’t forget to include your brand logo and name. Believe it or not, your customers also expect you to have a brand name and a logo. A logo following a uniform color pattern.
You can also count this in your brand promotion strategy as you can increase your brand recognition through this.
Benefits Of Using Logo And Name
- Helps in promoting company products and services
- Builds your own brand image in the marketplace
- Helps your customers in identifying your brand
- Ensures consistency and grabs the attention of the users
Brand Voice And Tone for Social Media Branding
Sticking to an idea representing your brand is essential. Consistency is the key for brands to remain memorable and trustworthy. Create moral guidelines and portray your ideas to users.
Your brand’s tone and voice make an impact on viewers, Essentially you should have a single voice but many tones depending on occasions and situation. Where most of the digital brands seem alike on social media nowadays, there are only a few that stand out.
In a survey performed in the Sprout Social Index, the customers had their reasons as to why their brands stand out better than others. For a recognizable brand, your voice matters.
And, if not done appropriately it might even backfire and lead to customers unfollowing you. It is more about building your brand’s impression to convey your message and vibe to users.
How To Develop A Voice For Social Media Branding Strategy?
Developing a brand voice is similar to developing your brand logo and social strategy. You are operating your brand voice each time you post, launch, write, respond or do anything else on social media or any other platform.
- Your brand voice on social media can be humorous, friendly, casual, or sometimes authoritative too. So, it’s like writing precisely the way you would talk. But not mentioning the useless swear words or something wrong and meaningless.
- Avoid using jargon, be honest, and sound natural. Nobody wants to be felt dumb and unintelligent. Posting something comprehensible ‘to all eyes and brains’ is recommended.
- You lose the chance to connect with your audience every time you post about yourself. Show users what they will benefit (not you) from you.
- Document your ideas for maintaining consistency across all social media channels. While documenting them, keep in mind what makes you different and how you want your word-of-mouth marketing to be affected through your social media brand voice? Wherever your brand shows up, it should be the same.
- Don’t come out as ‘me.’ Rather, promote ‘we.’ Engage and monitor your activities. It will come back to you as positive customer feedback too.
Use All The Platforms If Needed To Take Full Advantage
Even though, the concept of ‘the more, the better does not work for Social Media Marketing Strategy, using all the social media platforms is also not a bad idea. Each platform helps in spreading brand awareness and getting user engagement. But, make sure you dedicate all your time and resources as per the results you get. Some of the most popular social media platforms include.
Facebook is one of the strongest platforms for spreading brand awareness as it has the largest number of active users worldwide. By using this platform marketers can easily interact with the target audience for their business.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting a Facebook Ad
- Don’t forget to tag others.
- The ad image should be enticing.
- Use GIF Ads. They are mobile-friendly.
- Focus on Facebook re-marketing
- If your company is running any offers or discounts, include them in your Facebook ads.
- Use Facebook analytics to focus on essential features.
- Use an eye-catching and explicit caption.
- Try Facebook video ads.
- Familiarize with lookalike audience and custom audience
Twitter can also prove to be a great option for building your brand identity as it has more than 336 million monthly active users worldwide. Through Twitter, your brand can interact with other marketers and with their business leads to form connections.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting a Tweet
- Don’t forget to use hashtags (Don’t add too many)
- Include images, videos, and Gifs in your tweet
- Respond, retweet users tweets, and engage with them at times
- Keep your tweets brief
- Recycle your great content
- Give credit if you are using others’ information
- Share a variety of information to offer value
- Retweet your post to get more engagement with them
- Talk about popular and big names of your niche
- Test when your tweet performs best and post at that time
- Use shortened link
- If you are looking for sponsored content, then learn about Twitter Ads
- Ask your users to retweet your tweets too.
- Use Twitter cards
- Don’t tweet more than 1-4 times a day
- Ask questions
- Use power words
Quora has 300 million unique visitors every month. This is a platform where users post their answers to questions asked by other users. Telling your business objective with Quora is easy and effective. To know more about Quora read these 12 interesting Quora statistics & facts.
Things to keep in mind while posting an answer on Quora
- Avoid using too many links
- The answers shouldn’t be too lengthy
- The question should have a high Google rating
- Use the trending keywords according to Google. For this, you can use SEMrush
Whether your business type is B2B or B2C, Pinterest can be an effective tool to engage with your users for your business. Sharing information and knowledge through visuals has more effect than plain content. And that’s why the popularity of Pinterest is increasing so quickly.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Pinterest
- Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Pinterest
- Don’t post those images or infographics to which you don’t have authority
- Pin multiple times in a day. (Not all pins together)
- Don’t use BIT.LY links
- Apply for Rich Pins for your blogs or website
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Use the right keywords and details.
- Vertical pins are the best. With a minimum width of 600 pixels, the best aspect ratio for Pinterest images is 2:3 or 1:3.5.
- Don’t include a link in the comment section
- Create a ‘pin it for later’ link
- Don’t always share your product story. Also, provide knowledge to your users.
- Create pins with text on them
- Use multiple images in a single pin, like a collage.
LinkedIn is a potent platform for B2B marketers looking to form cordial connections with other marketers and new leads by generating valuable and engaging content.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting Content On LinkedIn
- Don’t post spinning content
- Avoid posting a sales-pitch content
- Don’t post political, controversial, and religious content on LinkedIn
- Create an inspirational post
YouTube has more than 1.9 billion monthly active users. Therefore, by sharing videos related to your product and services you can spread your brand and can engage with more audiences.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting a Video On YouTube Channel
- The video should last for 2-3 minutes
- Optimize your videos for mobile devices
- Use trending keywords in your headings
- Don’t forget to add tags
- Create an effective description
- Don’t overlook the video quality
Instagram is a good option to reach audiences who connect more with images. The live video and story feature of Instagram makes it unique from other platforms. Your audience can start following your brand and can interact with you through hashtags.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Instagram
- Vibrant images
- Device at least 30 popular hashtags
- Brand your hashtags
- Post consistency
- Ask users to engage
Popular Features Of Instagram
- Live video
- Adding unlimited story feature
- Abundant stickers and filters
- Status tracker
- Use popular hashtags (30 of them)
- Direct messages to story
- Video feature
- Push notification of favorite account
- Questionnaires and Polls
As you can see there are a number of social media platforms to enhance your brand image. Therefore, it becomes important to identify which platform can be more beneficial for your brand for the present and for the future.
Utilize all the platforms but invest more in those platforms which bring more engagement and conversions for your business.
Persuade Your Audience To Follow Your Social Profiles
Make your social media account presence such that your audience wants to follow your profile. It should be such that users want to know about how you spend every second and they can’t stop themselves to start following you.
To Make Your Account Stand Out, Follow The Following Tips
- The most important point, post valuable content
- Tell your customers about the events your company participates in
- Keep updating your cover photo with the latest events
- Tell your customers about the achievements of your company
- Use trending #hashtags
- Schedule your postings in advance
- Don’t post too often
- Run exciting contests
- Take advantage of the Instagram story
- Reply to each comment, like, tweet to show your audience that they are important to you
- Stay active on social media channels to solve queries of your customers at the right time
One more important thing to build trust in your social account is to include your real details such as your real name, age, email address, phone number, date of birth, occupation, business experience, business name, address, and, of course, your real photo.
To make your social media profile poignant and potent, you need to be aware of the stuff happening around you. Like what are the trending hashtags, the latest technology, etc.
Some Of The Most Trending #hashtags of 2022 Are Listed Below
#ecommerce #business #smallbusiness #entrepreneur #onlinestore #onlineshopping #technology #woocommerce #wordpresss #onlinebusiness #marketing #digitalmarketing #responsive #digitalagency #socialmediastrategist #website #business #facebookshops #ecom #eccomerce #ecommercemarketing #ecommercebusiness
For Festive Season
#blackfriday #cybermonday #thanksgiving #christmas #BFCM
Few can be added according to the posts
#motivation #mondaymotivation #inspiration #hardwork #success #successful #happiness #love #joy #moments Include the popular hashtags in your social media posting, according to the type of your business.
Import Your Contacts
You will be surprised to know how many people you know already use social media networks. There could be a number of people with whom you have yet to connect.
Therefore, import your email contacts from Gmail or Outlook, as well as phone book contacts, into your social networks to see how many connections you’re missing. You will find a significant chunk of connections.
Make Content Strategy for each Social Media Platform
Every platform is different from the other therefore it’s also important to generate different content for each social media platform. But, this does not mean that you cannot recycle and reuse the same content on different platforms. Through valuable and smart content development, you can share your thoughts and opinions with your customers.
And do you know customers engage more with visual content than normal text?
Therefore, try to create visual content more than plain text as the human eyes and brain respond to images more quickly than text.
Editorial Calendar for Social Branding
Editorial calendar and scheduling content is nothing different than any other scheduling you do for other tasks. You can use social media management apps that help you organize the upcoming social media posts in Google calendar, spreadsheets, and interactive dashboards.
Using social media calendar:
- Saves time since everything is organized
- Helps you post consistently
- Plan ahead of time to avoid multitasking
- Reduce mistakes while publishing immediately
- Plan your social media strategy
- Create quality content
- Track and improve what works
Create Attracting and Engaging Social Media Content
One of the ways to gain customer engagement is by creating enticing and memorable social media posts. This can be easily achieved by creating visual content your customers can engage more with.
To Create Fostering and Happening Social Media Posts, Use The Following Tips
- Use compelling images
- Create content that is more engaging
- Use popular #hashtags
- Use attractive colors in your image
When Uncertain Use Visuals And Infographic
Photos, videos, reels, and IGTV are killing it right now on social media. In fact, I’m sure with augmented reality and virtual reality features it will always be the most engaging content.
Instagram and Pinterest are visual exploding platforms where you can experiment with your social media branding strategy. Moreover, if you want to increase impressions and shares on Twitter, visuals and videos are your ways to go.
Why Do Visuals Hold An Important Role In Building a Brand on Social Media?
Visuals on social media:
- Stimulates the user’s imaginations.
- Reveals trends and saves time.
- Puts data into context, providing perspective to the audience.
- Is interactive and explains the process.
- Beautifully represents data.
- Uses animation and metaphors to tell a story.
- Is educational and gives access to raw data.
What Type Of Visuals To Focus On While Making Social Media Branding Strategy?
Images Showing Data Visualization
Data can be boring for some people, so make it visually appealing. It can tell a story or a trend. Common examples of data visualizations are line charts, area charts, pie charts, bar charts, histograms, heatmaps, and graphs.
They combine the data visualizations to keep users engaged for a long time. Since they are mostly vertical, Pinterest is the most suitable platform to post them. However, you can make horizontal ones with reference to the sizes compatible on other social media platforms.
Memes And GIFs
Memes may not seem professional but once you understand using them cleverly, they can generate huge user engagement. You don’t have to design memes from scratch. They have popularity and can easily be designed on mobile devices.
View this post on Instagram
Product photos can be hard to execute but you can take references from other brands that do it. They are basic visuals posted not only by huge brands but also by small businesses.
You can consider coupling your products, setting them in a scene, or adding props for the audience to relate to it.
Screencasts And Screenshots
Some processes and products are better explained via screencasts. Specifically for software services. For example, how-to guides, you can effectively use them.
This visual content belongs to the users to be shared by the brands on their social media platforms. UGC is great because you don’t have to create any content from scratch.
It is like one arrow hitting two targets together for social media branding strategy. That is user engagement and branding. It works for the promotion of your products via social media.
UGC can do wonders for your social media branding. What makes it different from other types of content is:
- Firstly, it’s organic.
- Secondly, it builds trust among customers
- Lastly, it increases engagement and conversation rates
Many huge cosmetic, furniture, jewellery, food, sports, designing, and styling brands regularly post user-generated content. It works great on Instagram. You can share it as a post or a story.
Build Relationships Not Just Followers Count
Having a lesser number of engaging followers is far better than a huge uninterested and ignorant audience. Non-engaging audience removes the ‘social’ out of your social media strategy.
The entire process and efforts go in vain when you cannot form instant relationships with your followers from around the world. If you are struggling with engaging an audience, here is what you can do:
- Answer the questions asked.
- @Mention people when you post on social media.
- Reply when people mention you.
- Retweet or simply re-share won’t do it. Start a conversation with a reply.
Serving Over Selling On Social Media
If you ‘hard sell’ on social media, the game of long-term relationships with your users will soon be over. For example, an eCommerce business should not only push their deals and offers on social media platforms.
Instead answering their queries and maybe enlightening users about content marketing and digital marketing would do the trick. This is how you garner the needs of your customers.
How Customer Feedback Can Improve Your WooCommerce Store?
You should ask questions promptly. Additionally, if you are providing solutions, addressing one problem at a time would be beneficial. In this way, value, authority, and customer loyalty will follow, sooner or later.
Share Content On Regular Basis
Regularly posting on social media platforms should be a keynote of your social media branding strategy. But, abstain from oversharing. Focus on consistency and quality. And it is non-changeable.
That is to say, if you are lethargic in social postings, your audience will forget you. Similarly, if you post too much they will get annoyed and irritated. You don’t want that for your branding.
Instead, your audience should be willing to happily engage with you each time you post. However, the frequency of social postings varies on different platforms.
Do not suddenly disappear from any platform. You will lose followers. You should know the right time to post too.
Make Postings Easy With Apps
Maintaining your brand’s online presence, creating new content, and posting regularly can be exhausting. Therefore, social media apps that make life easier exist.
Just like Google Analytics, you can also monitor your social media branding performance with analytics tools. Understanding which content engages more and creates revenue is also critical.
A few social media monitoring tools are:
Connect and Communicate With Audience
It’s always important to connect and communicate with users in real-time. For this, you need to stay active on each social media platform.
If a user comments, likes, tweets, retweets, or shares your post on social media, it’s important that you reply as soon as possible. Even if you reply with a simple thank you, it will create a positive impact on your customers. And it will also entice and nurture customers towards your business. So, setting automated replies is also a feature that you must be aware of.
It will make your customer realize that they are also important to you and they are like a part of your family and not just a resource for making money.
By continuously connecting with your customers and leads through social media platforms you increase the chances to gain their trust and loyalty towards your business. We all know gaining trust and loyalty is not an easy task and requires time and effort. And through social media channels, this task becomes easy for all online marketers.
If they have a query regarding your product or service, please make sure to resolve it and always be prepared for irrelevant bad reviews about your company. Through social listening, you can easily detect what your competitors are talking about your business.
Find And Join Groups And Communities
There are groups on Facebook and LinkedIn that are dedicated to particular industries and topics. Search and filter the groups that work best for your brand.
You can share your insights and posts on these groups for larger exposure to your niche-related audiences. This will help you build authority around your personal brand on social media.
Joining social media groups for branding can help you:
- Get feedbacks
- Gain confidence
- Expand your skills
- Keep you motivated and bring you challenges
- Push your goals
- Discover new opportunities and make new connections
- Test your knowledge
- Get new ideas
Always join the conversation. Subsequently, it will be useless if you join and do not actively participate in discussions. It helps you build your personal brand beyond the company you own.
Study Influencers for Collaborations
Collaborating with influencers worldwide for your social media branding depends on your business type and the customer groups it impacts. You can study different influencers belonging to your niche over time and develop relations with them.
LinkedIn is one place to find related influencers. There are also influencer marketing tools. There are different types of campaigns that influencers can carry out in collaboration with you, that might improve your branding on social media:
Discount Codes and Affiliate Marketing
Influencers and brands collaborate to share discount codes, which are easily tracked and even easier to embed in videos, graphics, and can moreover be shared on mediums like podcasts and radio announcements.
Affiliate marketing with influencers can quickly be tracked with unique discount codes and custom URLs.
Giveaways And Competitions
Your brand on social media too can carry out competitions and giveaways. But, if a popular influencer collaborates with you it can help you gain larger exposure and drive enough engagement.
You must have come across review videos and product unboxing videos by influencers. It drives the spotlight on you. People get excited to participate in the exclusive giveaways.
Simple participation steps like tagging friends, liking the post, resharing it, signing up a newsletter, or even creating a fresh piece of content can engage a lot of audiences.
Do not put up too many complicated steps for entries. Additionally, you need to make sure the influencer marketing part on social media is relevant for your brand.
Reach Out to a Wider Audience By Optimizing Your Social Profiles
By optimizing your social profiles, you increase the possibility to reach and engage with more users. Don’t get the wrong idea of revamping your social media accounts inside out with optimizing. It is not an SEO optimization. Finding out the best-performing content after analysis and using the right images works excellent for your social media brand strategy. Moreover, you can improve your ranking on Google with your business information on a completely optimized social media profile. Read the following ways to know how to optimize your social profiles.
- Focus on your target audience
- Competitive analysis to compare user engagement engagement
- Use your brand cover photos in your social media account
- Optimize all your social media accounts, whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- Fill out all the fields required to create an account
- Make your work clear to your audience
- Share your industry-related content
- Link your account with other social media profiles
- Make sure all your social media accounts contain the same description
Keep It Positive And Take Your Stand
On social media, it is not only about branding and impressions. But a positive impression of your social media branding. Your brand voice, postings, content, and tone reflect your overall personality and professional attitude.
If you’re posting on social issues, it should have a positive impact on viewers. Moreover, refrain from the inflammatory racial, religious, or political commentary that might be offensive to someone.
There is enough potential to create new and inspiring content within you than to put yourself on any controversial issue. If you want to put out your opinion in that way, you can always do it through your personal social media account instead.
Your professional account should be to find new opportunities for growth and connection.
However, people do like their brands for a cause. You should cautiously select and speak up. Above all, always come out to be a positive brand on social media.
If you concern yourself with the issues of the world, here is what you should consider before doing so:
- Make your values clear from the beginning
- Consider what’s important to consumers
- Collaborate with experts and Non-Profit Organizations
- Ask the opinion of your employees
Today, brands have the responsibility and opportunity to stand for bigger reasons. Of course, keep in mind how it impacts your brand and how you can help users through it. The final decision of standing up or standing aside is yours.
Try not to come out on social media as a faceless automated brand. Today, more people want to know about your brand on a personal level too. This will definitely show your human side.
That is to say your team, your employees, behind the scene activities, some team-building games, etc. that develop a connection with the audience.
Track Your Success
Monitor the gain in conversions through social media branding strategy. To measure how many conversions your brand has gained through the social media branding strategy measure the following KPIs.
- Likes- Be aware of the number of likes you have on your social posts.
- Comment- The number of positive comments on your post. This is the best KPI to determine whether your business is getting audience engagement or not.
- Tweets- Track how many users have tweeted.
- Share- Know how many times your users share your post.
- Mentions- Keep a check when someone tags or mentions your brand in a tweet or post.
These social media conversion metrics are going to tell you whether you are getting real fans or fake ones.
Start Your Social Media Branding Strategy Next
Social media has become one of the most important parts of our daily life. It not only helps users to communicate, but it has also become one of the best tools for marketers in spreading awareness and getting user engagement.
Therefore, in this blog post, I have discussed the tips for building a brand through social media branding strategy. To know more about the objective of social media refer to the blog Objectives of Social Media for your eCommerce Business.
If you find this blog post informative please share and comment.