One of the biggest eCommerce plugins for creating an online shopping store based on WordPress is WooCommerce. As it is fast, secure, and easy to use; there are 3.8 million websites around the world currently using WooCommerce.
Launching an online store with WooCommerce is very easy. The difficulty arises when it comes to tapping quality leads and growing your WooCommerce customer base.
There are many marketing techniques and methods that focus on increasing your customer base. Some can be really sophisticated and complicated whereas others can be really simple yet effective, and one such technique is a customer loyalty program.
In this article, I won’t be discussing how to create a winning customer retention strategy. This article is about an incredible WooCommerce tool for rewarding your loyal customers with the help of a point based-reward system on your WooCommerce store –
“Points And Rewards For WooCommerce”.
How Can WooCommerce Points And Rewards Help In Increasing Loyal Customers?
A points and reward system is one of the proven customer loyalty program techniques that actually works. Even the customers love the marketing strategy. For 58.7% of internet shoppers, earning loyalty points as rewards is one of the most valued aspects of the online shopping experience.
WordPress is a highly flexible platform that allows you to enhance the core features of your website. With WooCommerce in your arsenal, you can get all the basic features necessary for an eCommerce store. But with only the basic features, you can’t win the battle.
WP Swings has created a powerful plugin that can help merchants in constructing a points and reward system for earning loyal customers.
Points and Rewards for WooCommerce an incredible tool with the help of which you can add features to your WooCommerce store like:
- Redeeming store credits
- Points and discount coupons
- Referral points
- Sign up points
And many more…
With the rewards plugin, you can:
- Allow customers to earn points on their on-store activities.
- Reward your customers in exchange for their brand loyalty.
- Generate discount coupons.
- Build your own loyal member’s community.
Methods to Earn, Use & Redeem WooCommerce Points And Rewards: Click Here!
I’ll be walking you through all the steps for setting up a points and reward system on your WooCommerce store with the Points And Rewards for WooCommerce. So let’s begin with creating our first point-based loyalty program.
Step-by-Step Guide For Creating A Points And Reward System On Your WooCommerce Store
Enough with the theoretical knowledge, now let’s begin with the practical implementation. I’ll be demonstrating how to use the WooCommerce plugin for rewarding your customers.
I hope you’ve already bought a domain name along with a hosting service and named your WooCommerce store. Now, let’s see the plugin installation process:
Step 1: Plugin Installation
The plugin is available in both paid and free forms.
For downloading the free version just go to your “WordPress Admin Panel” and navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New” in the plugins section and search for “Points And Rewards For WooCommerce- WP Swings.”
Okay, you’ve found it.
Now go ahead and hit the “Install Now” button.
Although the free plugin isn’t incompetent, the paid version has some features that can give you an edge over the free one. Therefore, I’ll be discussing only the premium version of the plugin in the article.
Get Points And Rewards For WooCommerce Now!
Enhance Loyalty On Your WooCommerce Store
After buying the plugin and downloading it, install it by either manual or automatic installation.
1. Automatic Installation
This is the easiest and recommended option for installing the plugin. The automatic installation steps are as follows:
- Download the zip folder of the plugin.
- Once downloaded, install the plugin by browsing it in your WordPress Admin Panel.
2. Manual Installation
This is another way in which you can install the plugin. For manual installation of the plugin to your WordPress environment:
- Upload the Points and Rewards for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Step 2: Enabling The General Settings
To carry out any further operations, the plugin has to be activated in the WordPress environment. For activating the plugin enable the General Settings by:
Visiting the admin panel and navigating to WooCommerce > Points And Rewards > General Setting.
Once you reach there, enable the plugin by clicking the checkbox in front of “Enable” and then “Save Changes.”
Now that you have activated the WooCommerce rewards plugin in the WordPress environment, it’s time for setting the signup points, referral points, social sharing rewards, point redemption.
1) Signup Setting
Sign-up points are an effective technique for luring shoppers to become your prospects. Once the shoppers become your prospects you can very easily nurture them to conversion.
So let’s see how to enable the Signup Setting in WooCommerce Points And Rewards:
- Go to the admin panel and navigate to WooCommerce > Points And Rewards > General Settings.
- Enable the Sign-up point settings and enter the signup points for new unique sign up.
- Now hit the “save changes” button.
2) Referral Setting
You must be aware of the fact – just by increasing customer retention rates only by 5%, one can increase your profits by 25% to 95%. Based on the same strategy, you can make use of current customers for bringing new customers. Give rewards and bring the crowd to your store.
For Example: If user A has given User B a referral link to use. User B must use the same referral link to log in. After this User A will be awarded certain points.
With this WooCommerce points plugin, you can enable referral rewards and grow your customer base with word of mouth marketing, let’s see how:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Points And Rewards > General Settings on the admin panel.
- Enable the Referral Point settings and enter the desired referral points.
The last step, you know it – hit “Save Changes.”
Now whenever your customers share a referral link, they’ll get a small reward for their efforts. The customer just has to visit the My Account section and share the referral link with other users by copying it.
Not only this, but it’s also a perfect WooCommerce referral plugin that gives the customers flexibility of sharing the referral links using social media. Within the General Settings section, hit the checkbox beside “Enable Social Media Sharing”.
Voilà!! there you go.
3) Redemption Settings
The whole idea behind giving reward points is to let the shoppers redeem them at the checkout and earn some discount on their purchase. By enabling the redemption settings, you can allow your shoppers to redeem their earn points over the Cart Page or the Checkout Page.
- Redemption On Cart Subtotal: Once enabled by the merchant, the customers can redeem their earned points over the cart subtotal.
- Conversion Rate: Set the conversion rate of point redemption. For example, for every 10 points redeemed the customers can be granted a discount of $1. As an admin, you can set a discount for your customers upon points they have earned.
- Points Redemption On Checkout: Enabling this setting can let your customers can redeem points over the checkout page.
- Setting The Limitation To Point Usage: If you want to restrict the point usage of your customers, it can definitely be achieved with the plugin. The merchant can allow the customers to pay a particular part of the order using points.
- Points Limitation Type: The merchant can select the form of discount granted to the shoppers – fixed or percentage.
4) Per Currency Point Settings
With Points And Rewards for WooCommerce, you can allow your customers to earn points for every unit currency spent. Make every penny spent by your buyers on your eCommerce store worth by rewarding them with redeemable points.
Let’s see how to enable the setting and start rewarding your customers and let me tell you, it’s just a 2 step process:
- Enabling Per Currency Point Conversion: First things first, enable the Earn Points Per Currency settings, navigate to Per Currency Points & Coupon Settings and hit the checkbox next to it, and save the changes.
- Setting Points For Unit Currency Spent: Once the Earn Points Per Currency Settings is enabled, enter the reward points for unit currency spent by a customer.
Later the customers can see the notification on the site somewhat like this:
Step 3: Enable Membership For Building A Community Of Loyal Customers
One of the premium features in the plugin offered by WP Swings – building a community of loyal members. Offer your loyal shoppers with exclusive rewards in exchange for a little overhead price.
Once you enable the “Enable Membership” setting in the “Membership” menu of your plugin dashboard, you’re ready to create your first member!!
For creating different levels of membership, fill the following details:
- Enter Level: Enter the name of your membership level. Names could be like basic, bronze, advance, gold, beginner, etc.
- Enter Points: Enter the number of points needed to achieve a level.
- Expiration Period: Enter the number of days when the membership will end.
- Select Product Category: You can select the specific categories of your WooCommerce store to give membership benefits.
- Select Products: You can also select the specific product for the membership rewards.
- Set Discount Value: Finally set the value of the discount planned by you for the specific membership level.
Once you create your membership levels, the customers can see the benefits of membership level by pressing the “View Benefits” button in the “My Account” section.
And for even premium benefits the customers can upgrade their membership levels.
Step 4:Assigning Product Points
“Assigning Product Points” is another premium feature of the plugin that lets the merchant assign reward points to products in 3 ways:
- Category wise
- Per Product-wise
1. Global Settings
Are you planning to simply assign equal points to all your WooCommerce products?
Enable the Global Settingsby selecting the checkbox beside Global Assign Product Points. Nowenter the reward points globally to all the products in your store.
Finally, the customers can see the points on any single product page.
2. Product Category Based Settings
Instead of granting equal points to all the products, you can choose specific product categories. Assign some valid points on product categories of your choice, leave the fields blank which need to be neglected.
Later your customers can see the assigned points on any product page of that specific category.
3. Settings For Specific Products
You can break down your customer reward strategy for specific products on your website. Go to the “Products” and select the edit page for any one product.
Now click on the “Points And Rewards” setting, and enter some valid product points. After the product points are entered, the customers can see it on any specific page.
These were some basic yet important features of the Points And Rewards for WooCommerce plugin.
The plugin offers many other premium features. Being WooCommerce, it gives you the flexibility of customizing of core features to enhance the shopping experience.
In case you want an in-depth knowledge of some more features like using shortcodes, point expiration notification, or even enabling Order Total Points settings, or, even selecting the color for the notification bar, you can read the documentation of the plugin.
With this, we come to the end of our topic. We just discussed a tool for implementing the simplest, least complicated, and yet the highly effective technique to gain loyal customers – points and reward system.
With Points And Rewards for WooCommerce, you can incentivize your customers and build a community of your loyal customers.
Looking For WooCommerce Extensions?
Checkout Some Best Plugins To Enhance Your eCommerce Store