At times, it may seem as though pricing and sales strategies are evolving along with the business sectors. In order to develop a sustainable business, some organizations prefer downsell, while others rely on cross-selling and upselling to match their clients with appealing items. Didn’t get it?
Let me explain you with an example:
I was recently planning to buy an office chair for myself. So I reached out to an online store. However, I didn’t want anything else but after I completed my shopping, they offered me chair cushions. Result? I bought them too.
This is the magic of one-click upsells. It makes people BUY things they didn’t PLAN for.
Furthermore, it benefits both customers and store owners. For the customers, it magnifies their experience by adding more value to their purchase. And for store owners, it increases their store revenue by increasing customer order value.
Amazon accounts upselling and cross selling for their 35% of revenue growth. However, one click upsells are not the only method to boost revenue.
The number of revenue-boosting tactics are similar to the number of stars in the universe. But One Click Upsells is that one star that shines brighter among all.
Hence in this article, I’ll teach you how to create one-click upsells at your WooCommerce store. But before that, you need to know a few basic things. So let’s first start with them.
This article contains:
- What is WooCommerce One-Click Upsell?
- The Need for Offering One-click Upsells at WooCommerce Store
- Post-purchase Upsells and Pre-purchase Upsells
- Steps to Create WooCommerce One Click Upsell Offers
- Tips to Create Best Money Making Upsell Funnels
- What Else Do You Get with One Click Upsell Funnel?
- Time to Lift Up!
What is WooCommerce One-Click Upsell?
Let’s begin by defining upsell in its most basic terms…
Upselling, to put it simply, is a sales strategy where you promote a related item or service in addition to the primary item(s) the customer is purchasing from your store.
It is regarded as an “easy” strategy as it takes advantage of the fact that the consumer is already a customer of yours and might be easily persuaded to buy an extra product during the transaction.
Customers frequently add these extra products and services to their shopping carts because of the bundle’s value since they are tied to the primary purchase.
Timing is key to creating a WooCommerce upsell funnel; the upsell offer needs to appear at the right moment. If the consumer receives the message too soon, they might not be interested, and if they receive it too late, they may have already completed the deal and the opportunity has passed.
Make sure the consumer shouldn’t have to go through the checkout process again to purchase the upsell offer, WooCommerce post-purchase upsell plugin can help you with that(more below).
Now that you are familiar with the basics of upselling, let’s talk about the one-click WooCommerce upsell concept. A WooCommerce upsell plugin displays the offers at the checkout page to simply add the offers to the basket without having to enter their details again, as upselling performs best when the transaction is almost complete.
Additionally, because the buyer has previously expressed trust, there is a high likelihood that they will click through and raise the size of their order. In essence, HAPPY-HAPPY both ways— the customer and the company.
Grow Your Business with Premium Tactics of Upselling!
The Need for Offering One-click Upsells at WooCommerce Store
These are a few things you’ll get if you offer WooCommerce One Click Upsells.
- Provide value to customers: With every customer order, upsell adds value by suggesting complementary products or upgrades.
- Revenue growth: Offering one-click upsells prompts customers to buy more products that lifts their Order Value and revenue at your store.
- Better customer engagement: The customers get an easy option to buy complementary products in a single click. This improves their shopping experience and increases the engagement rate.
- Increase the sale of less-valued products: Offering one-click upsells increases the sale of complementary products which people don’t buy often.
- Increase customer loyalty: Customers get the ability to select and upsell products that add more value to their initial purchase without letting them search for it. Eliminating their product browsing hassle makes their shopping easier and ensures that they will visit your store again.
Post-purchase Upsells and Pre-purchase Upsells
What is a Pre-purchase Upsell
As the name suggests pre-purchase upsell occurs before the customer completes the transaction. The upsell product is included in the initial transaction (if approved).
You have to be a little more cautious with UX and strike the appropriate balance with pre-purchase upsell. With some pushy or unclear upsell offers, the last thing you want to do is scare away a consumer who would otherwise complete the deal. Therefore, it’s crucial to make the pre-purchase upsells “soft,” obvious, applicable, and simple to deny. If not, they might affect the total conversion rate and, in certain situations, actually cause a decrease in revenue.
Below is the screenshot of Amazon pre-purchase upsell.
Try This Plugin and Create the Offers for Multiple Products in the Easiest Way Possible!
What is a Post-purchase Upsell
The term “post-purchase upsell,” also known as “thank you page upsell” or “order confirmation page upsell,” refers to an offer that is made to a customer after the order has been completed.
Post-purchase upsells have a high acceptance rate – the fact that buyers don’t have to enter their payment information again. Everything is already filled in with data from the most recent transaction. It only takes a few clicks to initiate a transaction and charge.
In general, post-purchase offers are a terrific strategy for increasing your store’s sales and revenues. As the initial transaction has already been paid for, there is no conversion risk in this situation, therefore you can also be a little more aggressive.
Like you can upsell through mail once the customer has accepted the order like shown below.
Now that you know the basics of Post-purchase upsells and pre-purchase upsell. Let’s discuss how we can get to create those upsells with ease for conversions.
All you need is a one click upsell WooCommerce plugin to put them up in your store. One Click Upsell Funnel for WooCommerce is the plugin to go for! It’s light, simple, and above all, lets you do all the things I mentioned. Time to discuss how you can create One click upsell offers with this plugin.
Looking for a Seamless Solution for Your Store?
Steps to Create WooCommerce One Click Upsell Offers
Once you’ve planned the One Click Upsell offers strategy and decided what you are going to pitch to your audience it’s time for implementation. You can either watch the video or follow the steps written below that you can follow to increase the efficiency of your eCommerce upsell offers.
1. Install One Click Upsell Funnel for WooCommerce Plugin
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard. Under the Plugins tab, click on Add New
- Search for One Click Upsell Funnel. You’ll get the One-Click Upsell for WooCommerce plugin by WP Swings.
- Click on Install Now and the plugin will start installing. Once the installation is done, activate the plugin
Since the One-Click Upsell works with WooCommerce, make sure you’ve installed and activated the WooCommerce plugin first.
2. Create an Upsell Offer Funnel
- Click on the 1 Click Upsell tab to access the plugin settings
- Go to the Funnel List section and click on Create New Funnel to create your new upsell funnel
- Select a target product and categories. This will trigger the upsell funnel if bought. You can select a single or multiple target products
- Schedule your funnel accordingly. You can either trigger your upsell funnel on a single day of the week or trigger them daily
- After selecting the target product for your funnel, you need to add the offer to your funnel.
3. Create an Offer for Your Funnel
- Click on Add New Offer and select the offer product. This product will be offered as the upsell product after the checkout is done
- Enter the discount in percent you want to offer on the upsell product
- Set the redirection where you want to send the customers if they accept or reject the upsell offer. For example, you can add Offer #1 and Offer #2 and redirect the customer to Offer #2 if he/she rejects Offer #1
- Choose the offer template and customize it accordingly. You get 3 different templates to offer upsell products
- If you want to add your own custom offer page instead of using predefined offer templates, you can click on Link To Custom Page field
- If you want to add more upsell offers, just repeat all the sub-points of point #3
- Save changes once your funnel is created.
This WooCommerce upsell plugin offers Sandbox Mode where you’re free to customize your upsell funnels before publishing them. Once you’re satisfied with your funnel, you can click on the toggle button to make the funnel live.
This is how your upsell funnel will look like on your site.
Further, for some extra services, you can always opt for a pro version of one click upsell plugin.
What premium version of one click upsell funnel for WooCommerce offers:
- Variable and Subscription Products
- Bundled Products
- Category-Based Offers
- Multiple Payment Gateways
- Premium Support
Tips to Create Best Money Making Upsell Funnels
Now, you have understood how to create one-click upsells at your WooCommerce store. But you must also know which funnels work best. So here are some upselling tips to create the most fruitful upsell funnels at your WooCommerce store.
Don’t Add Too Many Offers in Your Funnel
The secret of upsells is that it works when you don’t force your products. Avoid adding too many products in your upsell funnel. By doing this, you’ll ruin the customer experience. And according to a report, after one negative experience, half of the customers never do business with that brand again.
A Pro Tip: Offer 2 products (one upsell and one downsell) at max. Don’t add more than 2 offer products in your funnel. This will not bother customers and improve their experience.
Exhibit Your Membership or Affiliate Programs on Thank You Page
Thank you page is a must as it collects order details and shows your gratitude towards the customers. And since every customer passes through it, you can use it as an opportunity to get more.
Instead of redirecting customers to a basic thank you page, offer them something more on it. You can add your affiliate program or membership forms on your thank you page. Using this practice can get you more subscribers to your program. Even if they don’t join, this will give great exposure to your programs and bring more traffic to these pages in the future.
Take Care of the Product Relevancy
One thing you should always make sure is that you offer products related to the initial purchase. Don’t add any random product as an offer product in your funnel just to boost its sales. Offer something that can add more value to the product. This will persuade the user to buy it instead of confusing them.
A Pro Tip: If you want to use upsell to boost sales of a specific product, you can offer it on the Thankyou Page. You can also create a global funnel with our plugin that will be triggered regardless of any target product or category. Just make sure the product you’re offering is relevant to the initial purchase.
Keep Track of Your Funnels
Tracking your funnel data will help you contemplate which funnels are performing best or worst. This will let you examine and improve your funnel performance. Keep an eye on the conversion rate of your funnels and track which target products customers are accepting and rejecting the most.
A Pro Tip: You can track the performance of every individual funnel. Moreover, you can also track the sales of your target and offer products on Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
What Else Do You Get with One Click Upsell Funnel?
Our One Click Upsell Funnel for WooCommerce plugin is loaded with several helpful features and yet it is FREE! With this plugin, you can also create exclusive one time upsell offers and skip previously bought upsell products. But, if you spend a few bucks, you can buy the premium version of this upsell plugin that comes with many different features like:
- Support for variable and subscription products
- Integration with major payment gateways
- Category based upsell offers
- Premium support for 6 months
Time to Lift Up!
I’ll not say that you’ll start earning 20 times more than you earn right now after using this plugin. But this WooCommerce upsell plugin at your store will surely lift your revenue graph with time. You can try it right away and I guarantee you won’t regret it.
Just make sure you are:
- Not adding countless upsell offer products
- Not being salesy and forcing your products to the customers
- Offering upsell products that relate to the initial purchase
- Taking care of the customers’ buying experience
Keeping these points in your mind while creating your upselling strategies will get you sustainable revenue growth. And if you get stuck with any technical difficulties, our support team is 24/7 available.
Did I miss something? Or do you want to tell me anything regarding upsells that frustrates you the most? Write it in the comments section or you can fill the form below.
Leave A Comment