By default, our plugin team receives no sensitive data from you or your website end users. The reason behind this is we respect people’s privacy. We believe that people should have the right to control their own data.
It signifies that WP Swings has no information regarding the size of the stores, the number of stores, how developers and store owners are tackling our plugins, and what are the hindrances faced by them. This makes it difficult for us to understand and find out our plugin users, their requirements, and up-gradation.
We only keep track of the plugin version and the settings which are enabled by you in the plugin. For all our extensions, we also track extension-based settings.
Now, we have added an option so that anyone can enable usage tracking from their WordPress admin area. This will let us know the store size, plugin installation, and how they are being used.
Usage tracking helps us to clearly understand our customers and continuously improve our plugins.
The enablement of usage tracking assists us:
- Know how our plugins are setup
- Provide remarkable experience and inform you about our upcoming advanced plugins that can be useful for you
- Know if any issue occurs in the plugin
- Contact clients if we detect any security threat
- Send marketing campaigns and provide promotional content to you. You can opt-out of these marketing emails anytime. Also, people who have opt-in marketing interactions will be contacted
- Recognize the stores impacted if any plugin becomes non-functional and if any problem occurs with its update or feature. So that we can more likely resolve issues
The sharing of your data will help us to make our WooCommerce Plugins more enhanced and superior. This will help us add more extraordinary features to our plugins, create simplified plugin content, and make WP Swings a better platform.